ELAF for Relief and Development.
ELAF for Relief and Development (Elaf RD) Is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political organization that was established and registered in January 2015, in Gaziantep, Türkiye. Registration No: 27-019-083. With the fast escalation of the conflict in Syria, and due to the increasing needs of the refugees in the neighboring countries and inside Syria, Elaf RD established, Hatay offices in Turkey, and 4 Field offices in northwest Syria.
ELAF RD is a diverse and inclusive team, consisting mainly of individuals from both Syrian and Turkish backgrounds, including both women and men, as well as members with disabilities. Elaf’s main objective is to promote equality, empowerment, and support for most vulnerable and marginalized communities. ELAF RD prides itself on the active involvement of Syrian and Turkish volunteers who contribute their time, skills, and passion to make a positive impact in the lives of those they serve. Through their dedicated efforts, ELAF RD strives to create an inclusive and supportive environment that uplifts and empowers its members, fostering a sense of community and solidarity among boys, girls, women, and disabled individuals.
Elaf RD is dedicated to addressing the interconnectedness of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and double nexus in an integrated and comprehensive manner. Our approach is centered around the double nexus, linking humanitarian aid and development assistance for a more effective and sustainable response. We are committed to providing aid to the most deprived communities through substantial long-term solutions in addition to its work to improve the situation of both, the refugees and host communities by focusing on project development and improving the economic situation.
- This includes, but is not limited to:
- Correct the method of throwing away medications and explain this clearly to the patient.
- Dressing wounds.
- Providing injections/intravenous fluids.
- Hygiene measures (separation of medical waste, hand washing).
- Medical records.
- Accompanying doctors on patient visits and implementing treatment instructions.
- Following up the referral system and providing the necessary information for subsequent treatment.
- Following up on patients and supervising their needs, hygiene, and food, in addition to other medical matters.
- Implementing the instructions of the Head of Nursing and working according to the established work schedule.
- Working on integration and assisting in training and guiding new staff.
- Participate in daily meetings with other nurses and weekly meetings with all staff.
- Collecting health data to submit reports in a timely manner.
- Support the management of medical waste in accordance with laws and recommendations and supervises the work of cleaners throughout the unit.
- Inform the head nurse of any difficulty, security concerns, the possibility of the spread of a contagious disease and any other information related to the issue.
- Maintaining the rights, dignity and confidentiality of patient information and maintaining a friendly atmosphere in dealing with patients.
- Contributing effectively to improving the health facility and organization.
- Carrying out any other duties – within her expertise – as assigned by the head of nursing or by the medical supervisor or his assistant.
Qualification (Education/Work Experience):
- Nursing degree.
- Nursing practice license.
- At least 5 years’ experience in pediatric nursing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in camp settings and informal settlements in the country.
- Experience in rapid response missions in remote humanitarian settings
- Good command of verbal and written English as well as strong analytical, organizational and people skills.
- Abilities to work actively and interact with other people
- Strong administrative ability and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, and cooperative working skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
Children and vulnerable adults must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that ELAF shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Alongside our safeguarding policy, ELAF RD is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with ELAF RD will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with ELAF RD’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of ELAF RD staff or partners.