ELAF for Relief and Development.
ELAF for Relief and Development (Elaf RD) Is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political organization that was established and registered in January 2015, in Gaziantep, Türkiye. Registration No: 27-019-083. With the fast escalation of the conflict in Syria, and due to the increasing needs of the refugees in the neighboring countries and inside Syria, Elaf RD established, Hatay offices in Turkey, and 4 Field offices in northwest Syria.
ELAF RD is a diverse and inclusive team, consisting mainly of individuals from both Syrian and Turkish backgrounds, including both women and men, as well as members with disabilities. Elaf’s main objective is to promote equality, empowerment, and support for most vulnerable and marginalized communities. ELAF RD prides itself on the active involvement of Syrian and Turkish volunteers who contribute their time, skills, and passion to make a positive impact in the lives of those they serve. Through their dedicated efforts, ELAF RD strives to create an inclusive and supportive environment that uplifts and empowers its members, fostering a sense of community and solidarity among boys, girls, women, and disabled individuals.
Elaf RD is dedicated to addressing the interconnectedness of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and double nexus in an integrated and comprehensive manner. Our approach is centered around the double nexus, linking humanitarian aid and development assistance for a more effective and sustainable response. We are committed to providing aid to the most deprived communities through substantial long-term solutions in addition to its work to improve the situation of both, the refugees and host communities by focusing on project development and improving the economic situation.
- Conduct comprehensive medical examinations of pediatric patients.
- Diagnose and treat illnesses, infections, and injuries in infants, children, and adolescents.
- Prescribe medications, vaccinations, and other medical treatments.
Wellness and Preventive Care:
- Monitor and assess growth and development in pediatric patients.
- Administer routine vaccinations and immunizations.
- Provide guidance on nutrition, hygiene, and preventive healthcare measures.
Chronic Disease Management:
- Manage and oversee the treatment of chronic pediatric conditions.
- Develop and implement care plans for pediatric patients with long-term health needs.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to ensure comprehensive care.
- Respond to pediatric emergencies and provide immediate medical interventions.
- Stabilize critically ill pediatric patients and coordinate with emergency medical teams.
Patient and Family Education:
- Educate parents and caregivers on pediatric health and wellness.
- Explain treatment plans, medication regimes, and potential side effects.
- Address concerns and provide emotional support to families.
Collaboration with Healthcare Teams:
- Collaborate with nurses, specialists, therapists, and other healthcare professionals.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings to discuss patient cases and treatment plans.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records for pediatric patients.
- Document patient histories, examination findings, diagnoses, and treatment plans.
- Stay current with advances in pediatric medicine and healthcare.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and training to enhance medical knowledge and skills.
- Pursue board certification in pediatric medicine.
Note: This job description aims to provide an overview of the Pediatrician role and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Duties may evolve over time based on patient needs and healthcare facility requirements.
- Medical degree and completion of a pediatric residency program.
- Board certification in Pediatrics.
- Valid state medical license.
- Strong diagnostic and clinical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Compassion and patience when working with pediatric patients and their families.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Abilities to work actively and interact with other people
- Strong administrative ability and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, and cooperative working skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
Children and vulnerable adults must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that ELAF shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Alongside our safeguarding policy, ELAF RD is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with ELAF RD will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with ELAF RD’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of ELAF RD staff or partners.